Who are we?
The Association of Venezuelans in Edmonton (AVE) promotes the unity and harmony of the local Venezuelan community and contributes to its integration into Canadian society. AVE focuses on activities and events of social, sporting, and cultural interest, preserving and sharing our culture while exalting the good name and reputation of our community.
To excel as a dynamic, efficient and transparent organization, recognized for its positive impact on the Venezuelan community and its contributions to Canadian society.
- Integrity: We conduct all our business with honesty and transparency, and hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards.
- Respect and Inclusion: We value diversity and promote tolerance and respect, both internally and in all our interactions with the community in general.
- Teamwork: We recognize and promote collaboration among our members as an essential element to achieve our objectives.
- Commitment and dedication: We work with enthusiasm, coordinating the work of our volunteers in an efficient manner with a culture of continuous improvement.
- Innovation: We maintain an attitude of openness and flexibility. This allows us to evolve as an organization and explore new ways of meeting the needs of our community within the framework of our mission and values.
We invite you to be part of our community. If you are interested in volunteering opportunities please do not hesitate in connecting with any of our members. For more about our association, please see our bylaws.
Meet the team
Jorge Robles – President
Roselys Becerra – Treasurer
Agustin Villasmil – Director of Events and Sports
Francis Rojas – Director, Community Outreach and Financing
Zoila Gonzalez – Director, Communications and Media
Javier Delgado – Director, Immigrant Support